In a downloadable PDF document embedded below, here is a compilation of votes cast by New Hampshire state representatives from Hillsborough County on selected bills on which I’ve reported in the past session, 2015-16. Rockingham County will follow later this week. No scores or endorsements – just votes.
VOTE on November 8. Do not be dissuaded by the choices at the top of the ticket, if you share my aversion to the lot of them. Downballot is where policies will be made and enforced, for good or ill. Let’s get to work.
Look up the sample ballot for your district here, or obtain one from your town clerk, if you’re not sure in which district you reside.
The only candidates I’ve included here are incumbents seeking re-election. I have omitted party affiliation. Some former reps are running again; I’ve listed them at the end of this post.
Any errors in the compilation are my own.
Links to bills used for this compilation
Each hyperlink will take you to the roll call I used for the bill.
- HB 1399, requiring licensure of outpatient abortion facilities
- HB 1570, buffer zone repeal
- HB 1623, prohibiting abortions for genetic abnormalities (eugenic abortion)
- HB 1625, limiting post-viability abortions
- HB 1627, relative to infants born alive after attempted abortion
- HB 1636, limiting abortions past the point at which the fetus can feel pain
- HB 1663, prohibiting buying, selling, and experimenting on aborted fetal remains
- HB 1684, prohibiting the use of public funds, employees and facilities in assisting or performing abortions
- HB 194, acknowledging the personhood of the unborn human being
- HB 560, Griffin’s Law/fetal homicide, as introduced by Rep. Rideout (more on fetal homicide legislation here)
- HB 670, conscience rights for medical personnel
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_placement = “assoc_banner_placement_default”;
amzn_assoc_campaigns = “amazonhomepage”;
amzn_assoc_banner_type = “rotating”;
amzn_assoc_p = “26”;
amzn_assoc_width = “468”;
amzn_assoc_height = “60”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “leafortheloa-20”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “f6850e0eb42cbff911202f14b7afcc95”;
Former representatives running again
Several ex-representatives from Hillsborough County are trying to get back into office. Before the 2014 election, I made a compilation of votes similar to the one I’ve posted here, and many of these former reps are listed. Go to the 2014 post “How They’ve Voted” to view or download the Hillsborough County sheet and search for these names (here with district numbers in parentheses):
Mark Warden (8), Win Hutchinson (9), Steve Vaillancourt (15), Brenda Grady & Bob L’Heureux (21), Shannon Chandley (22), Melanie Levesque (26), Sylvia Gale and Jan Schmidt (28), Michael Balboni (29), Mariellen MacKay (30), Linda Harriott-Gathright & Kevin Brown (36), Andy Renzullo (37).